Visionary Eye Doctors Pre-Med Gap Year Clinical Program: Ophthalmic Scribe
Welcome to Visionary Eye Doctors, a group of highly skilled ophthalmologists & optometrists providing top-quality eye care in the DC metropolitan area. We provide a highly educational & hands-on environment ideal for those seeking advanced education in the medical field. We are currently seeking motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing higher education in the medical field & gaining valuable experience working with physicians. Our offices are conveniently located in Rockville, Shady Grove, Damascus, North Bethesda, Gaithersburg, & Washington, DC.
Our scribe program is designed to help you become a certified ophthalmic scribe & gain extensive experience in patient & surgical care. As a medical scribe, you will learn medical terminology & obtain the clinical & patient care experience required to excel in this field. In association with the American Academy of Ophthalmology & JCHAPO, you can obtain the AAO Medical Assisting Certification & Ophthalmic Scribe Certification after completing our training.
Join our team & take the first step toward a rewarding career in the medical field!
- Be a team player.
- Critical thinker & problem solver
- Ability to be focused & organized.
- Be able to multitask.
- Communication Skills & Friendliness
- Medical Scribe is present during clinical services and accompanies the Provider during patient examinations and procedures in the office.
- Accurately documents information and conversations into the electronic health record (EHR) in real-time on behalf of the Provider.
- Helps increase Provider productivity and workflow by performing a variety of non-clinical tasks, including assisting the Provider in navigating the EHR, researching information requested by the Provider, locating information for review (previous notes, reports, tests/lab results)
- Ensures documentation in the EHR includes” the Scribe’s name and date of the exam.
- Generate patient plans.
PROGRAM CREDENTIALING AT COMPLETION OF TRAINING:
- AAO Medical Assisting Course & Certification
- JCHAPO Ophthalmic Scribe Certification