Dr. Edward Tsoy, MD
Ready to schedule your appointment? Schedule an appointment online with Dr. Tsoy.
Dr. Tsoy sees patients at our Shady Grove office.
After 36 years of solo private practice in Montgomery County, Dr. Tsoy is excited to become a member of the Visionary Ophthalmology team of dedicated eye care specialists. A native Washingtonian, he returned to the area to practice Ophthalmology after completing his residency at the Duke University Eye Center in Durham, NC. While at Duke, in addition to the extensive medical and surgical training program, Dr. Tsoy was the lead author in several research studies. These endeavors culminated in an American Academy of Ophthalmology presentation on the clinical applications of botulinum toxin and a paper published in the American Journal of Ophthalmology on optimal glaucoma medication regimens. Dr. Tsoy is also one of only a few physicians who have achieved Board Certification status in both Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine.
Throughout his career, Dr. Tsoy has demonstrated that he truly enjoys his work and delivers excellent Ophthalmologic care. He treasures his relationships with his patients. He is a genuinely nice person with a friendly and gentle demeanor, as his many dedicated patients would attest. He is also an enthusiastic mentor to numerous premedical and other healthcare students, and he takes the time to personally teach these students the basic principles of ocular science and general medicine.
- Board Certification – American Board of Ophthalmology American Board of Internal Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency – Duke University Eye Center, Durham, NC
- Internal Medicine Residency – Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Medical School – University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Undergraduate School – Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Hobbies & Interests:
- Dr. Tsoy enjoys spending as much time as possible with his wife and family, especially if it involves national parks, Broadway musicals, and Duke basketball!