Ever buy online glasses and wonder if you’re doing the right thing for your eyes? Sure, you will spend 20 to over 100 bucks and maybe save money, but there’s a reason why our glasses are better than buying online.
The glasses our optometrists prescribe and our opticians consult with you to determine best style, lifestyle needs and your budget at our practice are markedly better than anything you can get online. There are quite a few things that go into the right glasses. And the purpose of getting the right glasses is to solve a problem, to be comfortable and to provide clarity. We can only tell you how many times we’ve heard how our patients can’t see likety split with their glasses while driving at night?! Cringe. Potential Car crash. We have a solution for that.
- First the right frame has to be selected. Can’t be too wide. Can’t be too tight. Also the way the frame sits on your ears and nose can affect the tilt of the lens, called pantoscopic tilt. So important to getting that lens properly positioned in front of your eyes for the best optics. Read: clarity.
- Lenses. There are so many options. An experienced optician will know what material to pick based on your prescription, eyeglass frame size and what you need them for. Also sometimes certain prescriptions don’t work with certain frames. Have coke bottled lenses? Well, there are tricks and ways to hide that. And BTW, those lenses from online shops? They cost $2 and not worth operating heavy machinery in.
- Your Vision Insurance Plan is Accepted Here…Not Online.We are in-network providers for most major vision plans and we can check your benefits and accept payment directly from your plan. Depending on your plan, a portion of your glasses may be covered by your insurance – which means less cost to you. Most online vendors, big box stores do not accept vision insurance.
- Computer Eyestrain. There are single vision lenses for computer eyestrain and there are progressive lenses for computer eyestrain. We do quite a bit of ZEISS DuraVision Blue Protect Lenses to protect your eyes from potentially harmful blue-violet light and computer eyestrain. In these cases, the measurements have to be accurate to the mm and done on each eye separately. Eyes never behave and tend to move around when these measurements are done. Again, an experienced optician will know what to do. Most importantly, what I’ve noticed quite a bit from online glasses (and el cheapo glasses for the matter) . . . the lenses are of such poor quality that they cause computer eyestrain. Ugh!
- ZEISS DriveSafe lenses. Unfavorable weather, poor light conditions, irritating glare (like from the headlights of oncoming cars, street lamps or reflections off the wet street) and shifting your viewing focus quickly and often are potential visual challenges for many drivers. The design of ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses accommodates drivers’ special visual needs. Coatings offered at your optometrist’s office are so good, they come with a 2 year warrantyfrom the manufacturer.
- Our WOW Guarantee. Unconditional 12-month guarantee. You’re covered against accidents or breakage of any kind, any reason. We’ll repair or replace your frames and/or lenses with a co-payment of $30 each time.
So before you go online, think about what your eyes really need. Comfort. Clarity. Accuracy. And an added bonus . . . you’d be supporting your trusted eye doctors and local small business where the money goes back into your community and jobs. Because, #shoplocal. Let’s do this!